system is great and all seats provide unobstructed, up-close views of the stage. The RIPLE Project Workshop space is in the bright and airy 125 seat capacity Children's Theater, adjacent to the main stage. It's the perfect space for a hands-on workshop and performance.
Visiting the Playhouse, there are no busy streets to cross: the buses pull right up to the Playhouse entrance, then park at no charge in our lot. Picnic tables in the surrounding park are available for your class' use on a first-come basis at no extra fee with your field trip booking. The Delray Beach Playhouse is a wonderful place for children to experience a Locomotion Theatre Lunchbox Field Trip! Please make sure to take a look at the Theater Etiquette FAQ page to get ready for a great field trip!
The Playhouse is an historically elegant 238 seat modern theater in Lake Ida 9th Street Park, in the heart of beautiful downtown Delray Beach.
It's indoors, air-conditioned, and is just the right size for everyone in the audience to really enjoy the show. Your students will be able to see and hear perfectly: the sound
Directions to The Delray Beach Playhouse
950 Lake Shores Drive (NW 9th Street)
Delray Beach, FL 33444
Box Office: (561) 272-1281 ext.4
- Take I-95 to Atlantic Avenue exit.
- Go East on Atlantic Avenue to Swinton Avenue.
- Go North (Left) onto Swinton Avenue.
- Go West (Left) onto Northwest 9th Street.
- ( Note: NW 9th Street is one very short block past the yellow blinking light at George Bush Blvd. It is a winding two lane residential road. It may feel like you've made a wrong turn, but don't worry, you haven't! )
- Follow the main road to the end. Just before it dead-ends into a cul-de-sac, on the right is the entrance to Lake Ida 9th Street Park.
- Enter the park. The theater is right there! Park in any space.
- From the I-95 exit to the Playhouse should take about 10 minutes.
- Note: You cannot get to the Playhouse from other Lake Ida Park entrances. This is the only road that leads to the theater! Please, please, please tell your bus driver to follow these directions once they have exited 1-95 and not take their own 'shortcuts'.
If you are lost or are running late, please call the box office. Thank you!